Be careful how you look at the photographs on this website. You might see family who have passed away.
Archival Resources Details Third Asia Oceania Histocompatibility Workshop
- File Title
- Third Asia Oceania Histocompatibility Workshop
- National Centre for Indigenous Genomics
- Date Range
This file contains information pertaining to the 3rd Asia Oceania Histocompatibility Workshop (AOHWS). There is a list of 77 named Indigenous people whose blood was sampled and tested for red cell antigens. The list gives: name, sex, area/tribe and noteworthy antigens. The results have been tallied by tribal group and for antigen and gene frequencies. There are also card punch layout sheets with number, name, age, and sex, as well as a paper on 'HLA Antigens in Aboriginals of the Northern Territory' ASEATTA, Sydney, May 1986, and copies of abstracts from 3rd AOHW Conference held at Sapporo, 27 June-1 July, 1986. This file contains one piece of correspondence from Sue Serjeantson to Dr Judith Hay (Blood Transfusion Service, Adelaide) (20/3/1986) enclosing and discussing the C4 and BF results for the four 3rd AOHWC Aboriginals.
- Original copy and photocopy
- 52 pages
- Follow the link http://ncig.anu.edu.au/governance-ethics-framework to find out how to access the NCIG collections.
Related Digital resources
- 3rd AOHWS (Asia Oceania Histocompatibility Workshop).- First 100 results tallies by tribal group.
- Copies of abstracts from 3rd AOHWC (Third Asia-Oceania Histocompatability workshop conference), held at Sapporo, 27 June-1 July, 1986.
- Correspondence from Sue Serjeantson to Dr Judith Hay
- HLA Antigens in Aboriginals of the Northern Paper on Territory
- Worksheets on 3rd AOHWS Aboriginal people (Asia Oceania Histocompatibility Workshop).