Be careful how you look at the photographs on this website. You might see family who have passed away.
Archival Resources Details Kinship Systems
- File Title
- Kinship Systems
- National Centre for Indigenous Genomics
- Date Range
- 1962 - 1966
This file contains a photocopy of a map of Groote Eylandt and neighbouring region; a photocopy of Groote Eylandt Kinship Terminology: the ideal pattern; Photocopied book page describing kinship and marriage; and a figure depicting Gidjingali subsections; photocopied book page of a diagram giving Gidjingali kinship terms; photocopied diagram giving Gunwingu kinship terms. The file also contains the following reprints: Oceania, September 1964 Vol XXXV. No. 1. Further Blood Group Genetical Studies on Australian Aboriginal people of Bentinck, Mornington and Forsyth Islands and the Mainland, Gulf of Carpentaria, together with Frequencies for Aboriginals of the Western Desert, Western Australia. By R.T. Simmons, J.J. Graydon and Norman B. Tindale; American Journal of Physical Anthropology, September 1962, Vol 20, No.3. A Blood Group Genetical Survey in Australian Aborigines of Bentinck, Mornington and Forsyth Islands, Gulf of Carpentaria. By R.T. Simmons, Norman B. Tindale and Joseph B. Birdsell; and Reprint from Archaeology and Physical Anthropology in Oceania, Volume 1, No. 1, April 1966. Genetically Determined Blood Protein Factors in Australian Aborigines of Bentinck, Mornington and Forsyth Islands and the Mainland, Gulf of Carpentaria by C.C. Curtain, Norman B. Tindale and R.T. Simmons. There are photocopies of 2 articles entitled, ''Tribal Organization in Eastern Arnhem Land' by T. Theodor Webb; and 'Marriage and Descent in East Arnhem Land' by A.P. Elkin.
- Photocopy and printed journal articles
- 21 pages
- Follow the link http://ncig.anu.edu.au/governance-ethics-framework to find out how to access the NCIG collections.
Related Digital resources
- Photocopy of an article entitled, 'Marriage and Descent in East Arnhem Land'
- Photocopied book page describing kinship and marriage and a figure depicting Gidjingali subsections.
- Photocopied book page of a diagram giving Gidjingali kinship terms.
- Photocopy of an article entitled, 'Tribal Organization in Eastern Arnhem Land'