Be careful how you look at the photographs on this website. You might see family who have passed away.
Archival Resources Details Printed Material
- File Title
- Printed Material
- National Centre for Indigenous Genomics
- PUB 61-70
- Date Range
- 1969 - 1982
This file contains 5 journal articles published in the 1970s in which studies were conducted with Aboriginal children in Queensland. There is a report entitiled, 'Complement Component C4 Allotypes in Oceania' by P. Ranford, J. Hay and S. Serjeantson. There is a reprint from 'Occasional Papers in Human Biology' of N.M. Blake's paper, 'Genetic Variation of red cell enzyme systems in Australian Aboriginal populations. There is a copy of a book chapter written by R.L. Kirk, Microevolution and Migration in the Pacific; and a reprint of R.L. Kirk's article, Genetic Studies of Cape York Populations. There is also a reprint of R.T. Simmons and D.R. Cooke's paper, 'Population Genetic Studies in Australian Aborigines of the Northern Territory.
- 0.015 m
- Follow the link http://ncig.anu.edu.au/governance-ethics-framework to find out how to access the NCIG collections.
Related Published resources
- Blake, N. M., Genetic variation of red cell enzyme systems in Australian Aboriginal populations, Occasional Papers in Human Biology, Australian Institute of Aboriginal Studies, vol. 2, 1979, 39-82 pp, http://trove.nla.gov.au/work/27873079?selectedversion=NBD2593629&q&versionId=33652959. Details
- Cox, J., Infant Mortality in 12 Aboriginal Settlements: Queensland 1972-1976, Medical Journal of Australia Special Supplement, 1979, 8-9 pp, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/449744. Details
- Kirk, R. L., Genetic studies of Cape York populations., The human biology of Aborigines in Cape York, Canberra edn, R. L. Kirk, Australian Institute of Aboriginal Studies., 1973, 25-36 pp, http://www.healthinfonet.ecu.edu.au/key-resources/bibliography/?lid=12820. Details
- Kirk, R. L., Microevolution and migration in the Pacific, Progress in Clinical Biological Research, vol. 103, 1982, 215-225 pp, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7163195. Details
- May, G.M.S., O'Hara, V.M., Dugdale, A.E., Patterns of Growth in Queensland School Children, 1911 to 1976, Medical Journal of Australia, 1979, 610-614 pp, http://trove.nla.gov.au/version/210705305. Details
- Simmons, R. T., & Cooke, D. R., Population genetic studies in Australian Aborigines of the Northern Territory: Blood Group Genetic Studies in the Malag of Elcho Island, Archaeology & Physical Anthropology in Oceania, vol. 4, 1969, 252-259 pp, http://www.jstor.org/stable/40386094?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents. Details
- Steinberg, A. G., & Kirk, R. L., Gm and Inv types of Aborigines in the Northern Territory of Australia, Archaeology & Physical Anthropology in Oceania, vol. 5, 1970, 163-172 pp, http://www.jstor.org/stable/40386117?seq=1#page_scan_tab_contents. Details
- Stuart, J.E., Quayle, C.J., Lewis, A.N., Follow-up Studies of Aboriginal Children with Ear Disease and Hearing Loss at Cherbourg (Queensland), Medical Journal of Australia Special Supplement, 1975, 38-40 pp, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1152788. Details
- Stuart, John, and Hargreaves, Deirdre, Bacterial Flora of the Ear, Nose and Throat in Aboriginal Infants from Brisbane and Cherbourg, Medical Journal of Australia, 1975, 40-44 pp, http://www.unboundmedicine.com/medline/citation/125376/Bacterial_flora_of_the_ear_nose_and_throat_in_aboriginal_infants_from_brisbane_and_cherbourg_. Details
- Welch, J.S., Stuart, J.E., A longitudinal Study of Parasite Infections in 120 Queensland Aboriginal Infants, Medical Journal of Australia Special Supplement, 1975, 14-46 pp, http://www.unboundmedicine.com/medline/citation/1128363/A_longitudinal_study_of_parasite_infections_in_120_Queensland_aboriginal_infants_. Details